Membership into the Southwest Psychoanalytic Society is open to everyone interested in psychoanalytic thought and its clinical and theoretical applications.
Benefits of Membership in the Southwest Psychoanalytic Society:
- Members receive reduced fees to all major scientific programs.
- Members may attend all meetings at a reduced fee and may earn continuing education credit.
- Scholarships to major programs are available to members based on financial need.
- Members may join committees of SPS and develop strong collegial relationships with other members.
- Members are listed on the SPS website.
- Members may present at SPS workshops and meetings.
- Members can arrange to have one-to-one mentorship with advanced clinicians.
- Members may use the SPS listserv for distribution of information appropriate to the SPS mission.
Who is eligible for membership?
- Licensed or certified clinicians
- Psychoanalytic candidates
- Early career licensed clinicians (first 3 years of practice) and psychoanalytic candidates
- Pre-license certified clinicians working toward full licensure
- Residents, students, and interns who are interested in exploring psychoanalytic thought and developing clinical skills
- Non-clinicians who are interested in psychoanalytic thought as applied to literature, art, films, child development, parenting, relationships, and many other areas of interest
Annual Membership Dues:
|Licensed/Certified Clinician (renewing)||$200.00|
|New Clinician Member (1st year only)||$100.00|
|Early Career Clinician (first 3 years of practice)||$100.00|
|First Time Clinician Member – Retired*||$100.00|
|Resident, Student, Interns, pre-license clinicians||$50.00|
*Membership fees for retirees will be waived for those who have maintained membership in the Society for at least two years.