The Southwest Psychoanalytic Society is a non-profit educational and community service organization, founded in 1997, and is an affiliate of the American Psychoanalytic Association.
Our mission is to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of clinical experiences and the discussion of theoretical and clinical problems and subjects of interest to psychoanalysts.
- Advance both professional and lay education.
- Sponsor and disseminate the results of research in psychoanalysis and related disciplines.
- Safeguard the standards of psychoanalytic study and practice as established by the American Psychoanalytic Association and disseminate the results of research in psychoanalysis and related disciplines.
Most of the members of the Southwest Psychoanalytic Society are clinicians who either practice psychoanalysis or psychoanalytic psychotherapy. There are also members who are in academia and others still who come to psychoanalysis cross-disciplinary. We offer different levels of membership to accommodate people with different educational backgrounds but similar interests in this discipline.
Below is a list of the various committees for members to get involved with and contribute. Please contact our administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering your time to our on-going committee work.
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Membership & Mentorship
We need your support!